Wednesday, January 25, 2006

I can't believe I won!

Sorry, I haven't blogged in a bit, but it's been a bit of a whirlwind lately. This past Sunday I went to Toronto to compete for the Christina and Louis Quilico Awards, and I won first place! I hadn't even dreamed of actually winning anything - I was honoured just to be up there next to such talented competitors, and to sing for such an esteemed panel! What a moment that was, when Stuart Hamilton called my name and I just sat there looking confused - who, me? I looked so surprised, the audience actually laughed! It is an experience I shall never forget, and the money will certainly come in handy this semester! Thanks to everyone who's been supporting and believing in me! I couldn't have done it without you!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sonja. I'm a fellow Bathroom Diva applicant, but didn't make it any further than Vancouver! (BTW, Emili sat in on my audition!) and I thought I would look everyone up on the web thus finding this - great site! Anyway, I'm watching the show now, and honey, if you don't win, they need their ears screwed on straight! I'm plugging for you all the way! And if I'm ever in Ontario, I'll look you up - or should I say, look up to you - on the stage somewhere! Best of luck, and whatever happens (happened!) on the show, I know you're going places!! All the best, Judy P.S. do you still keep in touch with any of the other finalists? Good luck with all!

Monday, January 30, 2006 1:40:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home