Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Let the run-throughs begin!

So we had our first run-through of The Merry Widow last night, and many more to come through the rest of this week....I'm getting tired just thinking about it! But the show is going to be great! I had a great weekend at Maggie's - so many well-wishers and old friends were there! There were several requests for opera arias, but I didn't oblige them - instead I told them to come to The Merry Widow! Way to plug the show, eh? Of course I missed Saturday's episode of Bathroom Divas since I was singing, but hopefully I'll be home in time from tonight's rehearsal to catch it. Apparently some creative editing was done to create tension in certain situations -it sounds hilarious! Whatever it may look like on tv, we really got along quite well, and had a great time together. Well, gotta go - a long day of rehearsals lies in front of me!

3 Comments:

Blogger Joie said...

Hey there, huge fan of yours from watching Bathroom Divas. Can't imagine anyone else winning :).

Do you have any plans on singing in Vancouver?

All the best with school (I'm up to my neck in coursework, myself)

Saturday, February 04, 2006 11:07:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sonja...I'm in Toronto and started watching Bathroom Divas a couple of weeks ago. I have come to really appreciate your voice, and have been pulling for you to win. Tonight (Feb 8) they showed you singing jazz at the Rex hotel. You sang Cry me a River, and you just blew my socks off. I was unaware that you sang jazz. You have a wonderful classical voice, and surprisingly..... you have a dynamite jazz voice AS WELL!
I wish you great good fortune, and look forward to hearing you in person singing either jazz or opera since I am a real fan of both.
Btw..... I hope you make a new jazz album soon. I'd love to buy it.

Reg

Wednesday, February 08, 2006 12:33:00 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you were wonderful in Widow. You're not just an opera singer but a singing actress! Woot woot! Congrats to you and your castmates. :) Hopefully, I make it to the opera gala at FSA! :) I miss you. :)

Sunday, March 05, 2006 1:52:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home