Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Bathroom Divas Finale This Weekend!

Hey everyone! First of all I want to thank those people who have posted encouraging blogs - I really appreciate your support! To answer a few of your questions; I don't have plans to sing in Vancouver any time soon, but I would certainly love to, and I am hoping to have a jazz CD recorded by the end of the summer. The latter has been a goal of mine for the last couple of years, but it is an expensive process, so finding the funding can be a bit tricky. So keep an eye on my website and any new details about CD's or performances will be posted.

So the fifth episode of Bathroom Divas was a cliffhanger, yes? Of course I know what happened, but seeing it from a different perspective really makes a difference. I have no idea what the final show will be like, but I guess I'll have to wait and see like everyone else.....and I'm not telling who's left standing in the end! I've kept the secret for almost a year, I can keep it a bit longer! I won't be able to watch this Saturday's episode since I'll be performing in a production of The Merry Widow . I of course will be applying everything I learned at bootcamp, especially what I learned from Tom Diamond about acting and characterization. I'm really excited! It's going to be a great show! If you're interested in seeing it, the information is on my website.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sonja,

I just wanted to drop you a quick note of praise and encouragement. Wendy and I catch your shows often at Maggies, and have said many times to many people that you are a real London treasure. It's nice to see you getting recognition here, and on a larger stage.

Having spent time in Jazz Clubs from New York to Paris to New Orleans, we have often thought that listening to you at Maggies, we could be anywhere in the world. You have a way of transporting people with your voice.

Win or lose (although my gut says 'win') your work on BD has been amazing, and so much fun to watch. I hope that you are able to continue with your jazz alongside your opera, and I can't wait to see where you go next.

All the best, Sonja,
Wes

Thursday, February 09, 2006 12:43:00 p.m.  
Blogger sherrie said...

can anyone tell me what the last musical song played at the closing at the final show? it is so beautiful. please help, by the way sonja, your voice is beautiful.

Friday, May 09, 2008 7:31:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home