Tuesday, June 27, 2006

If only I knew how to yodel.....

I am currently in the beautiful city of Davos, Switzerland. Since leaving London over a week ago, we have been to Vienna and Innsbruck as well. The history of these cities is truly amazing - in particular, seeing the catacombs of St. Stephans in Vienna was fascinating, as well as tours of the Schönbrunn Palace and the Vienna opera house. I was lucky enough to test the acoustics in the grand lobby (now I can say I have sung there) and we were thrilled to actually attend a performance for only 3.50 Euros! Of course we had to stand the whole time, but who cares how much your feet hurt when you are listening to music like that?!

Of course the food is fantastic (Wiener Schnitzel to die for and the best ice cream I have ever eaten!) The scenery is breathtaking - Davos is nestled among the mountains, with a mountain view in every direction! Using my rather rusty high school German has been lots of fun - although I would give anything to have my little dictionary with me!

Bis später!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

aaaah Sonja! Will you be going to St. ANdrew's this summer? if u are, i guess i'll see u then! Have fun in Europe!

Monday, July 03, 2006 12:03:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home